maandag 5 december 2011

openSUSE 12.1 some experiences and MySQL

openSUSE 12.1 was released some 2 weeks ago and i must say it has been a welcome change of scenery! The new LibreOffice works just that little bit smoother, the desktop feels more responsive, the startup time is severely faster, in other words, its really nice! GNOME 3 looks very promising from a tabletpoint of view, but after 3 days of wrestling with the new Shell interface i decided to go conservative and switch back to KDE 4.7, which is a lot less buggy than the previous 4.x releases thusfar. The only real trouble is, Dolphin doesnt seem to work with SFTP/Fish at the moment, there is a bug open for that (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=715689 ). Second observation is that Acrobat Reader seems to be even more resourcehungry than usual (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=731896). Third real trouble is that the MySQL my.cnf config file has had some changes and the new YaST policy is that existing files are no longer overwritten, which in my case resulted in a my.cnf.rpmnew file and a non working MySQL. After applying my changes to the rpnnew file and ditching the old my.cnf it seems to work again. Eclipse has some major issues with some debugsetting in KDE 4.7, which was accidently left in place by the packager (https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=731075 ), but after changing that on startup, its just as smoot as ever! All in all, it's a very nice release and besides those points mentioned above, i've had a very entertaining ride so far, it seems that the releases are getting more stable every time! Many thanks to all those great people at openSUSE!

12 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also visit this weblog on regular
basis to obtain updated from newest information.

Shoaib Boss zei

Thank you so much for sharing this information with everyone you know.
you really get what you mean! Noted.
Also take a look at my website.
We could come up with an alternative connection diagram among us!
avast cleanup premium license key
removewat crack
microsoft office professional 2010 crack
serato dj lite crack

peacefull zei

What a good blog to read and to enjoy!
Phrases are my favorite.
I will bookmark your site and continue to explore new data.
wondershare filmora crack
radmin crack
avg ultimate crack
sound forge pro crack

Mahar Ismail zei

Your website is fantastic. The colors and theme are fantastic.
Are you the one who created this website? Please respond as soon as possible because I'd like to start working on my project.
I'm starting my blog and I'm curious as to where you got this from or what theme you're using.
Thank you very much!
sopcast crack
templatetoaster crack activation code
little snitch crack
ummy video downloader crack

Crack Market zei

Thanks for writing this excellent article for us.
I have gained good stuff from this website. I am looking forward to your next article.
Not only that, but I am happy to share this post with my friends. Keep it up.

terabyte unlimited drive image backup crack
terabyte unlimited bootit crack
terabyte unlimited drive image backup crack
terabyte unlimited bootit crack
terabyte unlimited drive image backup crack
terabyte unlimited bootit crack
terabyte unlimited drive image backup crack
terabyte unlimited bootit crack
terabyte unlimited drive image backup crack
terabyte unlimited bootit crack

Skidrowkeyz zei

I really like your post because this post is very helpful to me and it gives me a new perspective.
minecraft-dungeons Crack
Terraria Crack
musicbrainz picard crack
Loop Hero Crack

zia sir zei

nice post
AVS Video Converter Crack
YT Downloader Pro Crack
BlueStacks Premium Crack

Unknown zei

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am having troubles with your RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I am unable to join it. Is there anybody having the same RSS issues? Anyone that knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!
iobit uninstaller crack
csr racing apk
ez cd audio converter crack
hard disk sentinel crack
ccleaner pro crack
dxtory crack
archery apk cracked mod

aamirnazir zei

Very informative blog, thanks for sharing.
Craft Edge Sure Cuts Crack
Star Watermark Professional Crack
UltraEdit Crack

Sony Pitter zei

Wow! Finally, I've located a website that provides useful study aids. As soon as I get it installed on my computer, It works flawlessly and is a breeze to use, so I'm thrilled to have gotten it for free.

Digital Crack zei

I’ve been surfing on the web more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any stunning article like yours.
It’s alluringly worth for me.
As I would see it, if all web proprietors and bloggers made puzzling substance as you did.
the net will be in a general sense more beneficial than at whatever point in late memory.

screenpresso crack
windows crack
youtube by click premium crack
dvdfab player crack
easyuefi enterprise crack
iexplorer crack
stellar data recovery crack

Simple Boy zei

I am very impressed with your post because this post is very helpful to me and gives me new information. Thanks for sharing this post is a great article. God bless you
bitdefender total security crack
acronis true image crack
final fantasy xiii 2 crack
salt and sanctuary v1 0 0 8 simplex crack
text based crack
fallout 2 crack
the elder scrolls iv oblivion crack
armellon the dragon clan crack
rage 2 terrormania crack
mass effect 3 crack